Thursday, June 28, 2007

I would like to thank

There is a popular saying about it taking a village to raise a child; I think that having a great support structure in place is vital to the survival of moms and dads anywhere. Being a parent and having to take care of your job and necessary everyday details can be stressful, so it's nice to know that there are people who you can count on to share that with.

  • My husband (without whom this whole kid thing would not have even happened ;-) ), he is the best. As a dad, he rocks even my mom thinks he is one of the most patient, loving dads she has ever been around.

  • My OB, Dr. Peter Wilbanks, and his fantastic staff , who always got back to me and managed to fit me into his crazy schedule even when he was working loonnnggg days.

  • St. Mary's Hospital in Richmond VA - is the best!!!!!!

  • My sister, who next to my husband has been my pillar of strength (even at 3:00 am in the morning). She listened to me, commiserated with me and also told me to get a grip when she thought I was being overly dramatic (who, me?!?)

  • My parents who live in South Africa, but called often

  • My mother and father in-law who were awesome. They live in NJ, and had to make the trip down to Richmond several times during my pregnancy to help out with everything on incredibly short notice.

  • We are so lucky to have a great bunch of friends here in Richmond who brought us meals and helped out with babysitting and kept in constant contact with us.

  • Then there are our friends and family that live in other parts of the US and around the world, proving that distance is not a problem when there is a friend in need.


Sometime having shoulder to lean on is the best gift someone can give moms and dads.

No comments: