Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter is to blame ( and no this is not a spoiler!)

A quick note from me: I am not planning on being brilliant this weekend - I am recovering from an attack of the migraine from HELL and am planning on reading the new (and last -- CRY, CRY, SNIFF) Harry Potter book, while trying to iron a pile of laundry that has taken up residence on our arm chair; not all of those at once mind you!

I wanted to share something that a very good friend of ours told me yesterday. She was talking about her teenage daughter and some of the antics that she has been getting up to. At one point, she sighed and said:

"I am not raising a happy child, I am raising a competent adult!"

I loved that, what a great saying! That's one that I would crochet on a pillowcase if I knew how to do that; my skills in that department are somewhat lacking, although I can knit a looooooooooooong scarf (if only because I never learned how to cast off properly ;) ).

Have a great weekend and happy reading!

No comments: