Monday, August 6, 2007

Bella, Ben & Basic Anatomy 101

Isabella and Ben were getting ready to take a bath, and Ben lay on the bath mat naked, enjoying being without a diaper. I have a feeling he will be taking after his sister, who is always willing to shed her clothes and take a bath. I hear her talking to him, and she said, "Don't worry, it will be OK!" Hmmm... I wondered what she was talking about, and I walked into the bathroom where Isabella was patting Ben's arm. She looked up and said "Mom, we have to take him to the doctor!" Since I did not see anything wrong with him and he is not one to suffer in silence, I asked her what was wrong with him? "He's sad!" she said. Okay, I thought, and asked her, "Why is he sad, Isabella?" Without missing a beat, she said,"'cause he has a broken bagina and he wants it to work!" she said, gesturing to his little penis. When I could not contain my laughter and burst out laughing, she looked and me and scowled. I laughingly explained to her that boys don't have vaginas, they have penises; she looked and him shrugged. Later on she commented that it was a 'nice bum' even if it was broken.

No comments: