Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My kid says the funniest things

I feel like I should be writing to Bill Cosby about the funny things Isabella says; her little mind works in mysterious ways...

Bathtime for Daddy

Matt and I were busy this weekend working on the house, and at one point we both decided a break was in order. We were both in the living room and Bella decided to crawl onto Matt's lap for a cuddle; once there, she leaned over to give her dad a kiss and quickly drew back - she then said in a very loud voice "Daddy, you need a bath!" Apparently, it was hot work and Matt had gotten a little sweaty! Matt looked at me and we both laughed - kids do tell the truth.

Car Picnics

After all the work was done, we decided that we should take a break and head out to Williamsburg, since we still had some school clothes to buy for Isabella. Once we were on our way, Isabella asked if we were going to go to Sonic for dinner, and we said OK. Well, once we got to Williamsburg, the heavens opened up with the most spectacular thunderstorm! Not like that was going to stop us -- we still went to Sonic and got some dinner. Isabella was very excited because we were having a 'car picnic' -- she absolutely loved it, and has decided that we should have car picnics more often.


Bella Arnone, Time-Out Patrol


Another day, Bella, Ben & I were at the UPS store and there was one other person in front of me who was taking an annoyingly long time to get her package shipped. This woman kept asking more and more questions until even the lady helping her was becoming exasperated. Isabella was playing with a puzzle that they had there, and Ben was chewing on a teething toy, and behaving quite well for the amount of time that we had to wait.

After what seemed like hours, the lady's transaction was being totalled, and she then began complaining about the price. I sighed loudly, and Isabella looked over at me and said, "She needs a time out Mommy, she's not nice!" If I could have turned bright red, I would have -- honestly, the lady was being a bitch and did indeed need a time out. I looked at Isabella and explained that since there was a wait, would she like to go to Panera now instead of later; of course, she said yes, and I was able to escape a very embarassing situation.

When we went back, the sales ladies told us that Isabella's perfectly-timed verbal smack down made their day, and Isabella was rewarded with a lollipop!


Ow, you might want to have a doctor look at that...


As you know from previous posts, Matt and I have had on hell of a month, and I for one am glad that our house is almost back to normal. Since we have been working really hard on repairing the house and Matt is also putting in long days with work, we both have not been getting a lot of sleep either because Ben has been sick and teething for the past six weeks!

Keeping this in mind, imagine Isabella going upstairs to tell her father last Friday that lunch was ready. When Matt came down, he told me that she sat on his lap, looked into his eyes, and informed him that his eyes were cracked! (They were bloodshot from looking at a computer screen for a couple of hours and lack of sleep).

Got Neck?

Bella and I were putting together a puzzle on the floor of her room, and she had her chin resting on the top of her chest. At one point, she sat up and touched her chin, and then her chest, and said "Oh no! Oh no!"

When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I lost my neck!"

Once again feeling her chin and then chest, I explained that her neck was still there just that it was hidden when she touched her chin to the top of her chest. I helped her feel her chin and chest and then her neck, she looked at me and said "Mommy, you helped me find my neck!" (LOL - supermommy to the rescue)

No comments: